Local Canadian and international students are encouraged to apply for the fully-funded University of Toronto Scholarships 2024 academic session. The University of Toronto is the largest and most prestigious university in the whole of Canada. It awards a number of fully-funded Canadian scholarships every year to its domestic and international students. Some of these awards are fully funded and cover every educational expense of their recipients.
IELTS Requirement at the University of Toronto: Optional
IELTS academic of 6.5 bands is accepted by the University of Toronto but it is not a mandatory requirement for filing an admission application there. If an applicant can provide any other IELTS alternative test then an application for scholarship/admission would still be accepted.
The list of English language proficiency tests accepted at the University of Toronto in 2024 are:
- IELTS Academic
- Caribbean Examinations Council English courses
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies “Academic English” course
List of Scholarships Announced by UoT in 2024
University of Toronto scholarships are for everyone. So, you can submit an application directly to the University’s portal. Some of these Canadian scholarships offered at the University of Toronot are discussed below:
#1 University of Toronto Scholars Program:
This scholarship program is for those undergraduate students who have got admission into the University of Toronto. This scholarship awards around 700 scholarships every year to its domestic and international applicants. The value of the UoT scholar’s award is CAD$7,500.
Students who are applying for any undergraduate program offered at the University of Toronto will be considered for this scholarship program. It is awarded based on candidates’ past educational performance and doesn’t require a separate application. This is a non-renewable scholarship and is only awarded for freshman year.
Details of the Award:
The total number of awards is 700 and is given in the form of a tuition fee waiver of CAD$7,500. It is awarded in the fall of every year and applies to all undergraduate programs offered at the university. It is only one of the many entrance awards offered by the university and is open to international students as well.
Eligibility Criteria and the Application Process:
- Applicants must have an outstanding high school record. This record must be consistent throughout their high school years.
- They must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at the University of Toronto.
- They must be applying through direct entry.
There is no need for any application to be made for this scholarship. It is awarded based on the candidate’s previous academic record. Applications are not required for any of the entrance awards offered by the University of Toronto.
Some documents that are required by the candidates for their admission and scholarship are as follows:
- Transcripts of their high school.
- Language proficiency certificate. The minimum score requirement for IELTS is 7.0 and for TOEFL is 93.
- Reference letters and statement of purpose
- Test results of standardized tests like SAT, GMAT, GRE, etc. (if required by the program chosen by the student)
Entrance awards are only given after taking into account the candidates’ high school results and records. Students have to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program starting in the fall.
The Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships are for those exceptional students who have maintained high standing in their academics and possess leadership potential. Students are shortlisted and selected based on the impact and change they have made in their community or school. They will also be assessed based on what they can do for the community in the future.
Every year only 37 lucky students get this scholarship which covers the recipients’ tuition, books cost, dormitory/residential expenses, and incidental costs. The maximum duration of the award is four years and it is available to both local and international students.
Applicants need to be nominated by their school and must apply to an undergraduate program available at the university. After the applicant has been nominated by his/her school and has applied to the university, he/she will be sent a link to the scholarship application.
Only those students are advised to apply who can be distinguished from their fellow students. The distinction doesn’t just need to be in terms of academic record or qualification. Instead, the students must have a demonstrated interest in serving society and having a positive impact on it.
- Applicants must be international students requiring a student visa/permit to study in Canada.
- They must be in their final year of high school and must be graduating in June 2024 or later.
- They must be applying for the year starting in Spring 2024 at the University of Toronto.
University of Toronto (U of T) Scholarships Application Deadline:
There a quite a few deadlines for applying to these U of T scholarships. These deadlines are listed below:
- The last date by which the candidates’ schools can nominate them is February 1, 2024.
- The deadline for applying for the scholarship is January 12th, 2024.
- The deadline for applying to the OUAC is January 15th, 2024. (Students are advised to apply to OUAC well before the deadline as it is likely that the admissions in the program of their choice close before the deadline arrives. Popular programs tend to close way earlier than other programs)