Fully-funded Ireland Scholarships for the class of 2024 are open for admission in University College Dublin. Science, engineering, medicine, management, and arts subjects are also offered on Dublin Scholarships of Ireland.
The university college Dublin is one of the finest and most reputable yet non-profit and public institutions in Ireland and ranks among the top 1% of universities in the world. Such an outstanding university got established in 1854 to provide quality education to the students. It is growing extensively worldwide by providing enormous learning opportunities and new experiences. Meanwhile, the university college of Dublin has opened various scholarship programs for all talented and passionate candidates.
Medium of Instruction at UCD (University College Dublin): English and Irish
English and the Irish language is the medium of instruction used to conduct lectures at the University College Dublin. Those who are non-native English must submit an English Language Proficiency certificate to apply for admissions here.
Admission Acceptance Rate: 20-30%
As mentioned above, it is among the world’s top universities which means it is not easy to get admission into this institution. This 167-year-old Irish university is very selective, with an admission range of 20% to 30%. However, the selection of the candidate for any degree program depends upon past academic records and grades.
How to Apply for the Scholarships at UCD?
Getting a scholarship to study at UCD is not a walk in the park. It requires lots of effort, hard work, and determination. In the same way, while applying for the scholarship at this prestigious university, the candidates first have to enroll in the degree program of their choice. Before applying for admission into the UCD, check the requirements to get entry. These entry requirements, however, are for non-EU students.
Confirm your status as an EU or non-EU student. Once you have reviewed all the requirements, it is time to go through the living expenses in Ireland. By doing so, one can make a better decision for the future.
Now it is time to apply for the scholarships offered at UCD, but before that, a student must secure admission into the university college Dublin. Check the list of scholarships in your country’s region and apply for it only when you comply with the eligibility requirements.
A candidate can apply for multiple scholarships in one go but will get selected for the highest reward value scholarship only. On the other hand, after getting selected for the scholarship program, a student must report within the given timeline, or else, the offer will get removed.
Dublin Ireland Scholarships Offered by UCD:
As said above, this Irish university is doing a tremendous job in the educational field by offering various scholarships to international candidates.
1# Global Excellence Scholarships:
It is a golden opportunity for all the eligible students studying at UCD in a specific degree program to enjoy a tuition fee waiver (partially /fully). Students enrolled in the Master’s degree / Undergraduate program can apply for this scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: Limited.
To apply for this Dublin UCD scholarship, students must have an offer letter from the UCD program.
- Only first-time applicants at UCD are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants with non-EU status are qualified for this program.
- Further information related to eligibility criteria is available here.
- Meanwhile, the scholarship application for Global Excellence Scholarship will get assessed based on academic grades and merit.
One cannot avail of this scholarship along with the other scholarship programs.
2# Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship Program:
The university college Dublin in collaboration with the Government of Ireland is providing these scholarships.
- Eligible Degrees: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D.
- Duration: 1 year (final year of the degree program).
- Number of Scholarships: 60 scholarships per year.
- Students from all the EEA and non-EU countries are eligible for this scholarship.
- In the meantime, the candidate must be residing a minimum of 3 to 5 years outside Switzerland/ United Kingdom/ EEA/ EU regions.
UCD Scholarship Benefits include:
- A full tuition fee waiver.
- Covers Registration costs.
- In the end, a stipend of €10,000 for a one-year study program. However, the reward will settle into two installments, and each installment will be €5,000.
- The application deadline for the scholarship is March every year.
3# College of Engineering & Architecture Scholarship:
- The UCD is all set to welcome the self-funding students of non-EU nationalities from every corner of the world.
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can apply for this scholarship during their degree program at UCD college of engineering & Architecture.
- Scholarship Value: It ranges from €3,000 up to €10,000.
- However, this amount will get deducted from the university fees.
- In the meantime, students have to participate in extracurricular and social activities during the scholarship program.
- A candidate can only apply for this scholarship when he has an offer from the UCD College of Engineering & Architecture for a particular degree program.
- Students have to submit a personal statement (not more than 1 page) along with the scholarship application.
- The candidates must apply before the deadline. However, they will get receive their results within six weeks after the selection committee meeting.
4# UCD International Foundation Year Scholarship Program:
This scholarship is a joint scheme of the UCD International Study Center (UCD ISC) and UCD International Foundation Year (UCD IFY). But this scholarship has been divided into two separate scholarships.
- Like, the Study Group will give funds to the UCD ISC.
- However, IFY UCD will do the funding for full-time degree tuition fee scholarships.
The candidates who join UCD via the IFY pathway will get considered for this scholarship.
Scholarship Value: Varies according to the study program;
- For Business & Economics: €3,000 for UCD ISC IFY, €2,000 for Tuition fee scholarship degree programs.
- For Humanities, Arts, & Social sciences: €3,000 for UCD ISC IFY, €2,000 for the Tuition fee scholarship.
- For Science & Engineering: €3,000 for UCD ISC IFY, €4,000 for Tuition fee scholarship
On the other hand, the winners of the joint scheme scholarship will contribute to the surveys, social media campaigns, etc.
For the Application Process;
- Interested candidates have to submit the offer letter by UCD for the specific degree program. On the other hand, it is mandatory to respond to the scholarship confirmation within the given timeline.
- Another point to ponder is that this scholarship cannot be given for the other degree programs, except for the chosen one.
5# Universitas 21 Alumni Scholarship by UCD:
University College Dublin is offering Universitas 21 Alumni Tuition fee Scholarship because of being a member of the Universitas 21 Network. It is available for graduate programs.
- This UCD scholarship is providing relief to the students by covering €3,000 of the non-EU fees and 10% of the EU tuition fees.
- To apply for this scholarship, the eligible candidate must have a degree from any university member of the Universitas 21 Alumni Network.
- Also, the candidate must not hold any degree from UCD.
- However, one cannot enjoy this scholarship with another one.