Discover the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2024 in the USA, a fully-funded initiative by the US Department of State and American University in Cairo. This TLG scholarship program offers US sponsored scholarships to international graduate students from the MENA region, aiming to empower emerging leaders with higher education opportunities, research experience, and the ability to address critical regional issues.
In this article you will get to learn about eligibility, benefits, eligible programs, and how to apply for this prestigious TLG scholarship in 2024.
TLG Scholarship 2024 Package
|Scholarship Sponsor(s)||US Department of State, NEA/AC & AUC|
|Host Institution(s)||American University in Cairo (AUC)|
|Number of Awards||Multiple scholarships available|
|Study Level||PhD and Master admissions|
|Application Deadline||November 30, 2023|
Whats Covered in TLG Scholarship Package?
International students who will win this TLG scholarship to study at American university in 2024 will be entitled to get sponsorship for:
- Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters.
- Medical insurance.
- A monthly stipend.
- Student Housing.
- Laptop during the duration of the program.
- Internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed.
- Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings.
- Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus or housing and living stipend.
- Book allowance.
Eligibility Criteria Required for TLG scholarship
To be considered for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Students program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1# Nationals/citizens of eligible countries.
#2 Meet AUC graduate admission requirements.
3# Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
#4 Proficiency in written and spoken English.
5# Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential through extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
#6 Provide evidence of financial need.
Eligible Graduate Programs Under TLG Scholarship Program:
TLG offers students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) the opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree at The American University in Cairo (AUC) in the following graduate programs:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies (MA GNST)
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education (MA ICED)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies (MA CMRS)
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development (MA ECID)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (MA JRMC)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MA in Middle East Studies (MA MEST)
- Master of International Human Rights Law (MA IHRL)
- Master of Science in Sustainable Development (MS SSDV)
- Master of Arts in Sociology/Anthropology (MA SOAN)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MA POLS)
- Master of Science in Biotechnology (MS BIOT)
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering (MS ENVE)
Responsibilities of TLG Students:
- Maintain full-time status throughout their graduate studies.
- Complete their degrees within two years from their date of admission.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Commit to the chosen research projects.
- Successfully complete a TLG academic English writing course.
- Successfully complete leadership/civic engagement workshops assigned throughout the program.
- Take part in the TLG graduate student conferences.
- Commit to all activities as described in the TLG program manual.
Applicants to the TLG students program must commit to pursuing their graduate thesis research in one of the following research projects based on their chosen program:
Various research topics in the fields of Gender and Women’s Studies, International and Comparative Education, Migration and Refugee Studies, Economics in International Development, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Policy, Public Administration, Middle East Studies, International Human Rights Law, Sustainable Development, Sociology/Anthropology, Political Science, Biotechnology, and Environmental Engineering.
How can you apply for TLG Scholarship 2024?
- Apply to the FHI360 application.
- Submit the AUC TLG graduate admission application.
- For inquiries, send an email to [email protected].
The last date to submit your application for Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program 2024 is November 30, 2023 for the classes starting in 2024.