U.S. Department of State is now offering a fully-funded SUSI Exchange Program 2024 of 6 weeks duration named as SUSI 2024 Student Leaders Program. IELTS and CPGA score is not mandatory requirement for the SUSI exchange program and work experience is not needed.
Do you have a dream to travel to America and, if you’re lucky, even study there? Your dream may not be that far because the SUSI Student Leaders Summer Exchange Program is finally open for undergraduate students.
The SUSI Summer Exchange Program is a program of five to six weeks calling undergraduates from any study discipline to apply for the Leaders Comparative Public Policy Program 2024. The University of Massachusetts in Massachusetts, USA, will host the SUSI Summer program in 2024. As one of the most renowned international exchange programs, there is no application fee or requirement for the IELTS or TOEFL. Currently, US policy lovers are encouraged to apply to this program.
What Is the SUSI Exchange Program?
The goal of the focused, short-term academic programs known as Study of the United States Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders is to give groups of undergraduate student leaders a deep insight into the United States while also strengthening their leadership abilities.
The Institutes will include a well-balanced mix of lectures, readings, group presentations, and seminar discussions. You, as a candidate, will also have the chance to partake in educational and cultural activities away from the classroom during the academic residency.
More so, learning through experience, site visits, leadership exercises, and volunteer opportunities in the area will be incorporated to empower with real-time examples and knowledge. An integrated study tour is also part of the six weeks. However, participants will take part in equivalent activities, but in a condensed virtual format, if the program is running remotely due to Covid restrictions. But so far, plans are taking place in the US.
This US SUSI Exchange program will provide you with an understanding of the Federal structure of government in the United States along with the contribution made by non-governmental organizations like civic groups, the media, and the private segment to the development of American public policy and the maintenance of strong democracies. The SUSI program involves studying the diverse areas of policy-leading and innovating duties of local and state governments, the three branches of the U.S. government, the checks and balances system, and the role of local and state governments.
There will be discussions on public finances, the legal system, and democracy, as well as on issues like education, public health, citizen security, and foreign policy. Participants will meet with regional, national, private, and not-for-profit organizations during the program. The program will also accompany if it is held in person, a field trip that will take attendees to another region of the United States.
Sponsorship Benefits of the SUSI Exchange Program 2024
The US government will cover all your participation costs, such as
- US Visa and Travel expense sponsorship
- Travel Allowance
- Domestic Travel Allowance or Facility
- Ground Transport Fares
- Book, Cultural, and Mailing Allowance
- Incidental and Health Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Program Administration
Eligibility Criteria for SUSI Exchange Program 2024
You should apply if you’re a highly driven student in your first through the third year at a college, university, or other higher education institution who exhibits leadership through their work in school, community, and extracurricular activities.
Your study areas will be diverse and could cover humanities, social sciences, sciences, business, and education. Other than that, you will be an eligible candidate for this learning process if you clear the following requirements:
- be able to speak and understand English fluently
- to have a passion for the subject of public policy
- be between the ages of 18 and 25, have at least one semester of undergraduate work left, and be dedicated to going back to their home universities after the program.
- show promise as strong leaders in their university and community activities and a genuine desire to learn more about the United States
- possess a history of excellence in their academic performance, as demonstrated by their grades, honors, and teacher references.
- be mature, liable, independent, self-assured, open-minded, tolerant, considerate, and curious
- have little to no prior study or travel experience in the US or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be prepared and capable of participating fully in a rigorous academic program, volunteer work, and educational travel.
How to Apply for US SUSI Exchange Program?
- There’s an easy-to-fill application available on the US embassy’s website. (Link at end of article)
- Your second step will be to download and fill out the form.
- By no later than January 31, 2024, complete an application and send it to [email protected].
- Applications sent via email alone will be reviewed.
- Give the essay questions your undivided attention and keep the word limits in mind.
- Your email subject line must be according to the format on the website. Guidelines are to add, “Province Name, City Name, Name of Institution, Applicant Name.” If you do not follow, disqualification is expected.
- The Public Affairs Section will get in touch with candidates who have shined through and will be chosen for interviews based on the above requirements and their application materials.
- Virtual interviews will occur in the middle to late March 2024.
- For the interviews, only those who have been shortlisted will be notified.
- By late May or early June 2024, the list of finalists will be made public.