Singapore International Graduate Award Scholarships 2024-2025 are open for online admissiom application for the Graduate degree level.
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) Singapore, is well known for its research programs and SINGA is one of the best scholarships awarded to avail for Ph.D. studies. SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
Coverage Benefits of SINGA Scholarships 2024:
The SINGA award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- Full tuition fees waiver
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
The estimated cost of living in Singapore:
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On-Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for SINGA Scholarships:
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- Previously written or published Research Proposal/ Research paper
- The candidate intends to study for Ph.D. Research Programs.
Research Areas offered to Study in SINGA Scholarships:
Research areas under the Ph.D. Program fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Documents Required for SINGA Scholarships:
Candidates must provide the following documents at the time of applying for the SINGA Scholarships:
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP) explaining why you are eligible for the SINGA scholarship.
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
- Copies of all educational documents (transcripts/degree/certificates)
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Letter of intent
- Study plan essay for postgraduate degree applicants
- Abstract of previous thesis or final year project
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Recommendation letters from two professors of the previous institute
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results are optional. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Application Process of SINGA Graduate Scholarships 2024:
- Open the SINGA Scholarship website from the link at the end of this article
- Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Start your online application for SINGA scholarships
- Submit all the required documents online
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted
Deadline for SINGA Scholarships 2024:
Submission deadline for January 2024 intake: 1st December 2024 (23:59hrs GMT +8 Singapore time). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.