The Schwarzman Scholars Program is renowned for fostering global leaders through its fully-funded scholarships. For the class of 2025-2026, the application window of the Schwarzman Scholars program for international students from US, Chinese, and other countries will be opening in April 2024. Whereas admissions for Schwarzman scholars program 2024-2025 is now closed. So this article will prepare you for the next upcoming cycle of the Schwarman scholars program.
Founded in June 2016 by American financier Stephen A. Schwarzman, the program was hosted at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. This program offers a one-year Master’s degree in Global Affairs and Leadership, emphasizing the creation of a bridge between China and the rest of the world. Annually, around 200 postgraduate scholarships are awarded to international students, chosen for their academic excellence and leadership potential.
Benefits of Schwarzman Scholars Program 2025
The Schwarzman Scholarship covers various expenses of its international scholars which are listed below:
- Tuition and university fees
- Travel expenses to and from China
- An in-country study tour
- Course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- A personal stipend of $4,000
All applicants of Schwarzman scholars program must demonstrate:
- Leadership quality
- Intellectual capacity
- Academic aptitude
- Exemplary character
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Who Can Apply?
1# Age Requirements: Applicants should be between 18 and 29 years old as of August 1, 2025.
#2 English Language Requirement: Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL or IELTS scores (minimum TOEFL score of 100 internet-based or 600 paper-based; IELTS score of 7).
3# Undergraduate Degree Requirement: Candidates must have completed or be on track to complete their undergraduate degree by August 1, 2024 and all fields of undergraduate disciplines are allowed.
Applying for the Schwarzman Scholarship in 2024
To apply for the Schwarzman Scholars Program 2025-2025 session, follow these steps:
- Prepare Your Documents: Gather your resume, essays, transcripts, recommendation letters, and video introduction well in advance.
- Meet Language and Age Requirements: Ensure you meet the English proficiency and age criteria.
- Online Application: Visit the official Schwarzman Scholars website in April 2024 and start your application.
- Document Submission: Upload all required documents through the online application system.
- Application Review: Carefully review your application before submission. Avoid including any unnecessary additional materials.
- Submit and Await Response: Once you’ve completed all sections, submit your application and wait for the interview invitation.
Required Documents for your Application:
- Resume/CV: Max 2 pages.
- Two Essays: A 750-word leadership essay and a 500-word statement of purpose.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions.
- Three Letters of Recommendation: Focusing on your qualities, personal character, and intellectual abilities.
- One-Minute Video Introduction: Showcasing your personality and style.
This application guide should provide a comprehensive understanding of the requirements and process for applying to the Schwarzman Scholars Program for the academic year 2025-2026.
Application Deadlines of Schwarzman Scholars Program 2025:
1# Application deadline for the applicants from U.S./Global regions
- Application Period: April to September 2024
- Selection Cycle: October to November 2024
- Program Start: August 2025
#2 Applicants with Chinese Passports
- Application Period: January to May 2024
- Selection Cycle: June to July 2024
- Program Start: August 2025