The application window for the Government of Romania Scholarship 2024-2025 batch for Overseas Students is now open. The Romanian government offers scholarships to international students, providing them with the opportunity to study in Romania while gaining insight into the country’s culture and history. The scholarship program covers tuition fees, living expenses, and books and supplies.
This Romanian Government Scholarship, sponsored by Romania’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education and Research, is available to students from outside of Romania who are interested in pursuing a degree at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral level at a Romanian university. This Romania Scholarship is open to applicants from everywhere in the world, excluding the European Union.
Winners of this European study grant must study in a Romanian university starting from September 2024 and complete their undergraduate and graduate degrees there. Students pursuing a doctorate degree in Romania may pursue it in either Romanian or English language, depending on the school’s policy.
Funding Sponsorship of Romania Government Scholarship
The scholarships offered by the Romanian Government would provide the following set of funds to its winners in 2024:
- Monthly stipend of 75 Euro for MS (Postgrad) students
- Monthly stipend of 65 Euro for BS (Undergrad) students
- Monthly stipend of 85 Euro for PhD (Postgrad) students
- Free of cost education, free residence with utility expenses, and health insurance.
Why Consider Studying in Romania on a Fully-funded Scholarship?
- Fully-funded Scholarships: You can win a fully-funded scholarship in Romania to study for free there with monthly stipends, free residence, and student health insurance.
- Affordable Cost of Living: Romania is renowned for its affordability, allowing students to stretch their scholarship funds further than in other countries.
- High-Quality Education: Romanian universities consistently rank among the most prestigious institutions in Europe, offering quality education from top professors and researchers.
- Cultural Diversity: The country provides a unique melting pot of diverse cultures and ethnicities that often organically culminate into a vibrant student lifestyle.
- Easy Access to Visas: Studying in Romania can often be easier for international students as the visa application process is relatively straightforward compared to other European nations.
- Plenty of Career Opportunities: As Romania continues to become more integrated with the European Union, graduates are presented with plenty of possibilities for employment and starting their own businesses.
List of Universities in Romania Offering Scholarships
The following listed Romania Universities are offering fully-funded Scholarships for BS, MS, and Ph.D. programs;
- Technical University of Civil Engineering of Bucharest
- Babes-Bolyai University
- Politehnica University of Bucharest
- University of Bucharest
- West University of Timisoara
- University of Târgu Mureș
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University
- University Politehnica of Bucharest
- University of Petroşani
- Bucharest University of Economic Studies
- Gheorghe Asachi Technical University
- University of Arad
- Transilvania University
- Craiova University
- University Valahia Târgoviste
Who Can Apply for Romania Government Scholarship?
You may stand eligible to apply for a Romanian Government Scholarship if you qualify for the following criteria:
- Applicant must belong to a Romanian-friendly nation and reside outside of Romania at the time of application.
- Applicant must not have any relation with Romanian government officials.
- Applicant must be proficient in the language of the degree program taken
- Candidate must satisfy all academic requirements of a degree course
- Candidate must be a healthy and law-abiding foreign citizen
Documents Required to Apply for Romania Government Scholarship:
You can apply for Romania Government Scholarship 2024 if you find success in assembling a set of the following documents:
- English, Romanian, French, or Spanish language proficiency certificate or test reports
- Copies of diplomas, certificates, or transcripts (baccalaureate or equivalent, Bachelor, Master, doctoral degree) and their authorized translation in English, French, Spanish, or Romanian.
- Transcripts and certified translations of completed studies in English, French, Spanish, or Romanian.
- Birth certificate with authorized English, French, Spanish, or Romanian translation.
- Copy of the passport or residency permit.
- For the doctorate degree, a letter of intent in English, French, Spanish, or Romanian is required.
- The doctorate candidate must submit a research proposal, a list of scientific works, specialist publications, and a thorough explanation of the proposed research project, as well as an acceptance letter from the professor of Romanian University. These documents must be in English, French, or Romanian.
Application Deadline for Romania Government Scholarship 2024
The Government of Romania Scholarship application deadline is fast approaching – all applications must be submitted before March 1, 2024. This is a great opportunity for students to pursue their dreams of studying abroad and could open doors to exciting opportunities and experiences in the future. Don’t miss out on this chance – get your applications in before it’s too late!