Applications are open online at One Young World Summit (OYW) 2024 which will be held in Tokyo Japan this year.
The annual One Young World Summit in Japan convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures. The One Young World Summit 2024 will take place in Tokyo Japan in 2024.
Whilst the One Young World Summit 2024 in Japan will welcome digital delegates from every country in the world, the vision of “the world under one roof” remains key to the One Young World philosophy. One Young World invites young leaders to apply to join the Summit in Tokyo to ensure that every country is represented.
Benefits of OYW Tokyo Summit:
- In-person delegate participation in the One Young World Summit 2024 which takes place in Japan
- Return travel within Japan.
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- Meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
Who can Apply for OYW in Japan Summit Workshops:
Young leaders with a track record of delivering social impact related to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Candidates must be aged between 18 – 30 and should be residents of one of the countries:
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
Priority will be given to applicants able to represent countries that are least like to otherwise be represented by delegates attending the Summit in-person. One Young World Ambassadors ARE eligible for this scholarship and their applications will be treated on an equal standing to those of first time One Young Word applicants.
Eligible Countries to Apply for OYW Japan Summit in 2024:
To be eligible for Japan OYW 2024 you must be able to represent one of the countries listed below. You can apply to represent one of the eligible countries if:
- You are a citizen of the country.
- You were born in the country.
- Your parents or grandparents were born in the country.
- You have lived for an extended period in the country and call(ed) it home.
- You have significant cultural ties to that country.
- Please note, country representatives are likely to be asked to carry their country’s flag at the One Young World Opening Ceremony.
Documents Required for OYW Japan Workshops:
Following documents would be required at the time of applying for Japanese OYW:
- An academic transcript and degree copies are needed to be attached in original when applying online
- Scholarship CV and cover letter
- Letter of Motivation explaining why you are interested to apply for OYW in Japan
- Statement of purpose (SOP) enlisting what role would you be playing at OYW in Japan
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year.
Process to Apply for OYW in Japan:
- To apply for the OYW in Japan, candidates must fill out the online application form.
- Note that applications will be reviewed, and places will be awarded on an ongoing basis. Early applications are therefore strongly advised.
Closing Dates for OYW in Japan:
- The final application deadline for OYW is 1st February each year.
- If you are selected for this scholarship but are ultimately unable to participate due to travel restrictions, you will be provided with digital access to the Summit.