Khmer Studies Scholarships for the class of 2024-2025 under Junior Resident Fellows program are currently open for online applications till March 31, 2024. The junior resident fellowship program is offering a large availability and generosity of scholarships. Students from Cambodia, France, and the United States can achieve this lifetime opportunity. This platform develops cultural and traditional connections between students of different backgrounds and provides them with an excellent opportunity to improve their lives.
Do you love to learn about Cambodian history?
This is a six weeks program in the summer. Five undergraduates will be selected from each; Cambodia, France, and the United States. This program runs in the Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) in Wat Damnak, a historical and vital Buddhist city. Fellows gain fortune to live in the energetic capital city of Cambodia, Phnom Penh.
Languages of Instruction at Center of Khemer Studies:
The primary language of instruction is English. Candidates must be fluent in speaking English for active class participation. Cambodian students will take English classes while US and French can receive daily instructions in the Khmer language.
Junior Resident Fellows Program Benefits Covered:
The sponsorship funding of Khemer Junior Resident Scholarship Program covers;
- Visas and international airfare
- Medical insurance
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation including bed and breakfast
- Local transportation fees that used by students for visits and personal use too
- Books and field trips expenses
- Small grants are awarded for students between US$600 and US$800
Application forms of Junior Resident Fellows Program:
You can submit an online application to get considered for Junior Resident Fellowship Program and there is no application fees for it. All you need is to submit your academic documents with yoru Junior Resident Scholarship application at Center of Khemer Studies (Application link available down below this post).
Junior Resident Fellows Program Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have Cambodian, French, or US nationality
- Undergraduate students of recent graduates can apply
- Candidates must have a strong command of spoken and written English
Junior Resident Fellows Program Program requirements:
- Fellows must have health insurance.
- Selected students must pay the entry fee (Visa) imposed by the Cambodian Government.
- COVID tests clearance
- Fellows have to attend all the classes and discussions.
- A 10-15 pages short paper on desired topics is required to present for this program. You can choose topics as anthropology, economics, politics, archaeology, history, environmental studies, linguistics, sociology, or urban development.
CKS Fellows Program Deadline: March 31, 2024
The deadline to apply for Junior Resident Fellows Program (CKS) 2024-2025 is 31 March 2024.