Now fully-funded Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships Without IELTS for the class of 2024-2025 are now open for online applications for all international students and tere is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on the IELTS exam when you can apply to win a Japanese fully-funded Scholarships without IELTS.
Stay ahead of all other international applicants and prepare all your scholarship documents now in order to stay ready to apply for the upcoming MEXT Japan Scholarship with IELTS exemption for the class of 2024, therefore this article will also guide you on how to obtain an IELTS exemption in order to apply for any Japanese scholarship.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as Undergraduate Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program 2024.
About 140,000 international students from more than 170 countries and regions of the world are studying at higher educational institutions in Japan. These students can broaden their horizons through exposure to Japanese as well as the diverse cultures of the world. MEXT Scholarships with IELTS exemption is a great opportunity to study free of cost in Japan and experience their enriched culture. It covers tuition fees, accommodation, and travel expenses with many more benefits.
Academic Funding Benefits of MEXT Scholarships:
The following mentioned academic cover will be provided to the winners of MEXT scholarship:
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month: a supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT Scholarships.
- Travel expenses: MEXT Scholarships will cover all the travel expenses including air tickets to and from Japan.
- Accommodation: Complete expenses for accommodation are covered by MEXT Scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarships:
MEXT Scholarships accepts admission applications from international students each year to let them study in top Japanese Universities. But the applicants need to satisfy the following qualifications and conditions:
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age at the time of admission to the university.
- Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions; Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. Or applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. Or Applicants who have successfully passed an academic qualification examination that is equivalent to the completion of 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan
- Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan before and after arriving in Japan.
- Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- An applicant shall, in principle, newly obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the residence status of “Student.” Accordingly, even if the applicant already has another residence status (“Permanent resident,” “Long-term resident,” etc.), the applicant must change it to the “Student” status and re-enter Japan.
Admission Documents Requirement for MEXT Scholarships 2024:
Applicants must supply documents to support their Japanese MEXT scholarship application including, but not limited to:
- Letter of Motivation enlisting key points on why you are applying for MEXT Scholarships.
- Statement of purpose (SOP) describing the agenda of studying in Japan.
- Academic transcript(s) for all school years of school/university attended.
- Certificate(s) of graduation of school/university attended.
- Recommendation letters from either a class teacher or principal of the last school attended.
- Copy of medical certificate
- Two copies of the certificate of language proficiency
- CV for Scholarship
- Scholarship Application Resume
IELTS Requirement for MEXT Japan Scholarship: Optional
IELTS is not required to apply for admission in Japan under MEXT scholarships in 2024. The applicants only need to provide proof of their English Language proficiency by submitting any IELTS alternate certification. These may include an English proficiency certificate, DET Duolingo, PTE, TOEFL, or any Cambridge University English language test.
Application Process for MEXT Scholarships:
- Applicants must fill out the online application form from the website.
- Applicants must provide all the required documents in the application form.
- Applicants who have sufficient Japanese language proficiency may choose to enroll directly in their university without taking the preparatory education course. For cases where the undergraduate course of a university does not require Japanese language proficiency at the time of enrollment and allows applicants to enroll without going through the preparatory education, applicants may directly enroll in the said undergraduate course.
- The Japanese diplomatic missions will conduct the First Screening of applicants by means of an examination of submitted application documents, written academic examinations, and interviews.
- Applicants who have passed the First Screening will be recommended for MEXT Scholarships. MEXT Scholarships will then conduct the Second Screening of the recommended applicants and decide the scholarship grantees. MEXT selects candidates from each course.
Deadline for MEXT Scholarships:
The deadline to apply for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is 28th May 2024.