VISA Application

How to Apply for USA Work VISA in 2024?

Non-US citizens are required to apply for a US Work VISA or an American Work Permit in 2024 once they receive a job offer to work in the US from a US-based employer. There are several kinds of US Work visas available and in this article, we will elaborate on how to apply for an American Work VISA.

Whether you graduate outside of the USA and then get a job in the US, or if you graduate from a US university and want to begin a career in the US, you will need to get a US work permit or a work visa, based on the kind of job you want to do.

This guide tells you everything you want to learn regarding temporary nonimmigrant labor visas in the US, United States work permission, various kinds of work visas in the US, how to obtain a work permit for the US, and much more.

So, if you want to work in the United States in 2024, find out about the different kinds of US Work visas and US Work permits and find out which one you need to legally enter the USA to start working there.

The Process of Application to Get a US Work VISA in 2024

After you select the correct US employment authorization permit for your field of employment and prerequisites and your employer’s request is accepted, you can start getting ready to apply for your United States work visa. This procedure can be various for different US Work permits:

  1. Get the paperwork you need.
  2. Fill out a form on the Internet
  3. Attend the interview for your visa

Even though there are only three main steps, remember that getting the papers you need to apply and setting up your interview can take a lot of time. Begin the process as soon as you can to avoid as many delays and interruptions as possible.

1# Collect All Necessary Documentation for US VISA as per 2024 instructions manual for US VISA

Make sure you have the following paperwork ready before you go in for your interview to obtain your visa:

  • The confirmation page for your application for a nonimmigrant visa, Form DS-160
  • Your application fee has been paid
  • A copy of the photo that will be used for your visa
  • Form I-129 or I-797 receipt number indicating that your employer’s petition for you has been authorized
  • Valid passport

Furthermore, you must present Form I-129S nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition to your interview if you have applied for the L work permit.

Depending on the type of US work visa you’ve applied for, you may need more papers. Consult your local US consulate or embassy to find out what papers you require. For instance, all visa holders for work permits in the US except for H-1B and L must produce evidence that they plan to go back to their home country when their temporary work in the US is over.

2# Fill out an online form for US VISA (2024)

To get permission to work in the US, you have to fill out Form DS-160, which is an online application form for a nonimmigrant permit. This form takes about 90 minutes to fill out, and you have to upload a picture of yourself as part of your application.

After you finish your application, take a printout of the DS-160 barcode document and save it. Don’t forget to print out the confirmation page of the online application, as you’ll need to bring it to your visa interview. You must then pay a $190 visa application fee, which is non-refundable (USD). Keep the receipt for this payment of the fee, too, because you’ll need it for your interview.

After you’ve sent in your application and paid the fee, you’ll need to arrange for an interview at the US consulate or embassy in your area. Most people below the age of 13 or over the age of 80 do not need to have an interview, however, officials can make this an essential if they want to.

3# Attend the interview for your US Work VISA

During the interview for your visa, an embassy official will question you about why you want to travel and what you plan to do after you complete your job among other things, to see if you meet the visa conditions. You should give honest and detailed answers to these inquiries.

Some of the questions you might be inquired at your visa interview are:

  • Why are you seeking to work in the United States?
  • Do you have any relatives in the US?
  • What are your intentions after the time on your work permit is up?
  • What do you want to do while you’re in the United States?
  • When do you want to travel?

Based on the location you reside in, you may have to make a payment to get your visa approved. Make sure to talk to your local consulate or embassy about this.

Which US Work VISA is Suitable for US-Enrolled International Students?

International students can get job experience in the US through Student Visas and OPT programs. The OPT program usually lasts for 12 months, but if you have a degree in STEM, you can apply for an extra 24 months. This will allow you to work and train in the United States for a total of three years!

Students who desire to create long-term careers in the US can apply for OPT after graduation.

CPT and Student Visa:

Via Curricular Practical Training (CPT), you may be able to get job experience that counts toward your degree in some academic programs. Since you can’t do CPT after you graduate, this is a good option for foreign students who are seeking short-term work experience. CPT programs are often structured to provide you with adequate time to work, making them simpler to reconcile with your academic load than unrelated part-time employment.

Dr. Youasf Saeed

I am Dr. Engr. Yousaf Saeed, the creator of this Fully Funded Scholarship platform. My academic journey has been marked by securing three significant international scholarships for my undergraduate and postgraduate studies, including the esteemed Australia Awards, CSC, and HKPFS. I am an affiliate of IChemE and have lent my engineering skills to renowned companies such as Aramco and BYCO oil refinery. My scholarly work is published in leading SCI journals, a fact that underscores my academic excellence, visible on my Researchgate Profile. Motivated by my deep-seated passion for education and dedication to fostering emerging scholars, i established this website to serve as a guiding light for international students aspiring to pursue their education abroad. As a distinguished educationist and mentor, i am specialized in steering students through the complexities of research and the journey towards achieving patents. Through this platform, I offer invaluable insights and mentorship, shining a light on pathways to fully funded scholarships, exchange programs, internships, and rewarding research career trajectories. My mission is to help students navigate the vast educational opportunities abroad, ensuring they grasp the chances that will shape their promising futures. Whereas you can also choose to follow me on my social media: - Facebook - Linkedin - Youtube