Online applications for the ETH Zurich university scholarships are currently open for a session of 2024. ETH Zurich will now be offering admissions for all subjects and degree levels on their multiple scholarship programs and international students willing to pursue BS, MS, and Ph.D. degrees can apply for their fully / partially funded Swiss scholarships.
Which language tests are accepted at ETH Zurich?
IELTS scores are not mandatory for ETH Zurich Scholarship applications if IELTS alternative scores are provided by the candidates. Which means international students will have this option to get admission in ETH Zurich without appearing in IELTS academic test henceforth saving the cost of taking this exam. ETH Zurich acknowledges several English proficiency tests for admission, which include:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Applicants must achieve at least a score of 90 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT) for the majority of programs.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): A minimum score of 6.5 is needed.
- CAE (Cambridge English Advanced): Programs typically require a minimum level of C1.
- CPE (Cambridge English Proficiency): Most courses necessitate at least a C2 score.
In addition to these tests, certain programs might accept alternative tests like the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic or the Duolingo English Test.
How much it would cost to study at ETH Zurich without a scholarship?
Studying at ETH Zurich without a scholarship would approximately cost CHF 23,840 (about US$25,500) annually. Here’s a detailed breakdown of these expenses:
- Tuition Fees: CHF 730 per semester.
- Mandatory Semester Fees: CHF 69 per semester.
- Study Materials: CHF 85 monthly.
- Excursions: CHF 40 monthly.
- Rent: CHF 850 monthly (for accommodation).
- Meals: CHF 560 monthly.
- Public Transportation: CHF 48 monthly.
- Health Insurance: CHF 110 monthly.
- Other Miscellaneous Expenses: CHF 160 monthly.
Remember, this is an estimated cost and may vary based on your lifestyle and chosen study program. So to manage or reduce these costs to study at ETH Zurich, consider the following strategies:
- Scholarships: Read this article fully to get all insights of available scholarships at ETH Zurich in 2024
- Shared Housing: Opt for shared apartments, which generally have lower rent than single accommodations.
- Home-Cooked Meals: Cooking at home can be more economical than dining out.
- Student Discounts: Explore student discounts available across various businesses in Zurich.
- Part-Time Employment: If your schedule permits, a part-time job can supplement your finances to help with living expenses.
Subject Fields Offered at ETH Zurich University:
Hundreds of creative yet innovative fields are available at ETH Zurich institution for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees, for instance;
- Civil Engineering
- Master Science
- Interdisciplinary Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Human Medicine
- Public Policy
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Nuclear Engineering
- Robotics, and much more.
Admission Application Fee at ETH Zurich: CHF150
The university of ETH Zurich charges a non-refundable application fee of CHF 150 per program. Applicants can pay the fees by Post Finance or Credit card with the online application.
Admission Application Process for ETH Zurich:
Apply for admission or scholarships at ETH Zurich via online applications. First, log into the official application portal. Then, create an Applicant account and fill out the required fields with appropriate information.
Attach the documents with non-refundable application fees and update your email settings to remain updated about the application status. Wait for the final announcements. Once you get the acceptance letter, confirm the admission in no time and apply for the scholarships. Many times, applicants get automatically considered for the scholarships without submitting a separate application.
List of Scholarships at ETH Zurich University 2024:
Dozens of applauding yet worthy scholarships are offered by the ETH Zurich university in cooperation with the Swiss government and other charitable foundations to facilitate the international candidates as maximum as possible. Some of the notable scholarships by ETH Zurich are;
- Swiss Government Scholarships
- ETH Excellence Scholarships
- Oskar Jeger Scholarship Program
- H. Günthard MS Scholarship
- Markus Meier Scholarships
The very famous Swiss government scholarships are open for PG students, researchers, and artists without mandatory IELTS scores. It is a joint program by the Swiss Federal Commission for Scholarships and ETH Zurich university, granting various benefits, like housing allowance, scholarship rewards, monthly subsidies, etc.
Students holding BS degrees can apply for Swiss Arts scholarships. However, applicants with postgraduate or MS degrees are eligible for Swiss Research Scholarships.
2# ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarships:
These scholarships are open to students doing Master’s degrees from this institution. Meanwhile, winners will get living costs and full-tuition fees coverage. However, the scholarship duration is valid for three to four semesters.
3# Oskar Jeger Scholarship:
Students getting an MS degree in Organic or Biological Chemistry can apply for the sponsored Oskar Jeger Scholarship, offering CHF 22,000 as a reward with a tuition fee exemption. Considering the eligibility criteria, applicants must hold a BS degree in Chemistry or Biology to apply for this award.
4# Hs. H. Günthard Master Scholarship:
ETH Zurich university, in partnership with Günthard Foundation, has announced Hs. H. Günthard Master Scholarship for Master’s students holding an interest in Physical Chemistry. In addition, winners will get CHF 22,000 to cover their tuition fees and other daily expenses.
5# Markus Meier Fund Scholarships:
The next one is Markus Meier-funded scholarships for qualified students eager to complete their Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Energy, Robotics, etc., at the university of ETH Zurich. Every year total of 3 scholarships will be awarded to the deserving winners for three semesters with other luxuries.
ETH Zurich Admission Application Deadline: Dec 15, 2023
International students who want to apply for admission at ETH Zurich must submit their online applications with the required documents before December 15, 2023.
Documents Needed for ETH Zurich Scholarships:
Following are the documents that need to be attached with the application for ETH scholarships and admission: