Apply for admissions online for the fully-funded Canadian Scholarships offered by the University of Alberta for the academic session of 2024-2025. The fully-funded Canadian Scholarships at the University of Alberta are open to all foreign students, and Canadian citizens.
The University of Alberta was established as a public research university in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. This university is ranked as one of the top universities whose scholarships are available all around the globe. The scholarships at Alberta University are fully funded so do not miss a chance at this funding as there are no special requirements.
List of Programs Offered by the University of Alberta:
This university offers a variety of programs for undergraduate, post-graduate, Masters’s, Ph.D., research studies, and offers specialization programs. All academic majors offered at the University of Alberta come under these Canadian Scholarship programs.
Following is the list of study majors being offered at the University of Alberta:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Native Studies
- Environmental Sciences
- Agricultural Life Alberta School of Business
- Fine Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Financial Advantages of University of Alberta Scholarships:
The University of Alberta scholarships sponsor special awards and prizes to outstanding applicants. Moreover, not only your fees will be covered but they will also cover your living expenses. With that, some of their scholarships also provide funding for residence facilities, Canadian Study VISA expenses, travel funds, and many other funding packages.
Another plus point of the University of Alberta scholarship is that you can apply for this Canadian scholarship without any English proficiency test like ILETS or TOEFL.
English Language Requirement of University of Alberta
The admission department of the University of Alberta scrutinizes admission/scholarship applications carefully by making sure of the required English Language Proficiency of applicants. It is because the medium of instruction for degree programs at the University of Alberta is the English language. For this very reason, the University of Alberta requires solid proof of English language proficiency.
Requirement of IELTS at University of Alberta: Optional
To apply for scholarship/admission at the University of Alberta, IELTS is not the only test candidates can take. The University of Alberta also accepts Duolingo tests, TOEFL iBT, CanTEST, PTE, Cambridge English Scale Test, International Baccalaureate English tests, ESL, Advanced Placement English, or Indian School Certificate (ISC) English record.
List of Scholarships Offered by the University of Alberta
Following scholarships are currently offered to the applicants of the University of Alberta:
- General International Undergraduate Scholarships
- Alberta International Admission Scholarships
- Gold Standard Scholarships
- Regional Excellence Scholarships
- International Leader Scholarships
- University of Alberta Global Citizen Scholarship for IB Diploma International Students
- May Quon Undergraduate Scholarships
- President’s International Distinction Scholarships
- Alberta Transfer Scholarships
Application Process for University of Alberta Scholarship Applications:
All undergraduate and graduate applicants are eligible to apply for the University of Alberta scholarships. You do not have to fill out a separate form for the Alberta scholarship. Once you apply to study a particular program you are automatically considered applicable for a scholarship.
Scholarships for International Student’s worth: A successful applicant will receive around $9,000 in payments over a four-year period. These applicants must have a Visa permit.
Gold Standard Scholarship:
The Gold Standard Scholarship at the University of Alberta is worth: It is valued at up to $6,000 and is given out depending on academic achievement. The gold standard scholarship is for the top 5% of applicants only.
Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship:
The University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship is worth $5,000 per year.
Master’s Degree Scholarship:
Master’s Entrance Scholarship at the University of Alberta: Bursary: Students are usually given a value of $17,500, but international students will receive an additional $10,000.
Graduate Excellence Scholarship:
This scholarship is awarded to candidates with Master’s and Doctoral degrees. The amount of this scholarship is $15,000.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Alberta Scholarship 2024:
This scholarship is for undergraduate, graduate, Masters’s, and Ph.D. programs. You can apply for the university of Alberta scholarship by clicking the link at the end of the article. The whole application process is online so there is nothing to worry about.
Fill out the admissions application form at the University of Alberta portal with accurate information. Upload the required documents which are verified to avoid any conflicts.
Following is the eligibility criteria for University of Alberta scholarships:
- All Canadian citizens can apply
- International Students can also apply for this scholarship
- Candidates who have Canadian nationality are eligible to apply
- International students must get a Visa permit
- Undergraduate students must have their school transcripts
- Graduate students must have their undergraduate certifications
- For Ph.D. students, a graduate degree is mandatory
- You need an English Proficiency Certificate or IELTS
- It is mandatory to apply for the University of Alberta scholarship on time. No late submissions will be accepted. Submitting a late application gives a negative remark about you to the scholarship committee, so it is advised to be disciplined with your deadlines.
Deadline to Apply for University of Alberta Scholarships 2024:
The timeline to apply for the Alberta scholarships in 2024 is given below:
- You can apply on 1st July for the Fall semester.
- You can apply on 1st November for the Spring semester
- You can apply on 1st March for May admissions
- You can apply on 1st May for July admissions