Scholarships in CanadaVISA Application

Canadian Open Work Permit (OWP) 2024 to Find Jobs in Canada

Open Work Permit of Canada to Find a Job in Canada

The Canadian Open Work Permit is an excellent opportunity for international workers to come to Canada and start any sort of job in the Canadian market. The Canadian Open Work Permit OWP allows you to work in any occupation, for any employer, and for any length of time. This makes it an ideal option for those who want to try a new career or gain international work experience.

If you think the Canadian Open Work Permit might be right for you, check out the requirements and apply today.

Benefits of Having a Canadian Open Work Permit

The Canadian Open Work Permit (OWP) is a work permit that allows foreign nationals to work in Canada without needing a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The OWP was created to help Canada attract and retain highly skilled workers worldwide.

The benefits of having an OWP include the following:

  1. You can work in any occupation and for any employer in Canada.
  2. There is no need to obtain an LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
  3. You can work full-time or part-time.
  4. You can change jobs at any time without having to apply for a new work permit.
  5. You can apply for permanent residence through one of the Express Entry streams if you meet the eligibility requirements.
  6. Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for an open work permit if they accompany you to Canada on your valid work permit. This would allow them to work in any occupation without needing an LMIA.

Eligibility for the Canadian Open Work Permit

The OWP is available to most foreign nationals who can legally work in Canada. This includes those with a valid study permit, work permit, or visitor visa. To be eligible, applicants must also:

  • International graduates eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • Students who are unable to pay for their studies
  • Applicants for permanent residence in Canada
  • Participation of young workers in special programmes
  • A skilled worker’s spouse or common-law partner
  • Applicants for permanent residence with dependent family members
  • Applicants of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program’s spouse or common-law partner
  • Applicants for refugee status, refugees awaiting hearing or decision, protected persons, and their families
  • Work permit holder with employer-specific rights, and you are being mistreated or at risk of being mistreated on the job in Canada

In addition, applicants must have completed their studies within the last four years and still need to get a valid work permit.

Alternatives to the Canadian Open Work Permit

The Canadian Open Work Permit is an excellent option for many people, but there are other ways to work in Canada. There are a few alternatives to the Canadian Open Work Permit that you may be eligible for.

The first alternative is the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. This program is for young people from select countries who want to come to Canada and work. To be eligible, you must be between 18 and 35 and have a valid passport from one of the IEC participating countries. You will also need to meet other requirements, such as having proof of funds and health insurance. If selected, you will be issued a work permit allowing you to work in Canada for up to two years.

Another alternative is the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). This permit is for students who have graduated from a designated Canadian post-secondary institution. To be eligible, you must have studied full-time for at least eight months and have a valid study permit. Your work permit will be valid for up to three years or longer, depending on your program of study. With this permit, you can work anywhere in Canada and do not need a job offer before applying.

Another option is the Working Holiday Visa (WHV). The WHV allows young adults between 18 and 35 to live and work in Canada for up to one year. To be eligible, you must have a valid passport from an eligible country, meet the minimum financial requirements, and have proof of intent to leave Canada at the end of your stay.

If you are already working in Canada on a temporary work permit. In that case, you may be able to apply for permanent residency through one of the many economic immigration programs offered by the government. These programs are designed to attract skilled workers who contribute to the Canadian economy. You must meet the program requirements and pass a points-based assessment to be eligible.

If you are working towards permanent residence in Canada, some programs can help you transition from a temporary work permit to permanent residence status. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is one such program.

The Application Process for the Canadian Open Work Permit

Foreign nationals eligible for the OWP can apply online or at a Canadian visa office. When applying, foreign nationals must submit their most recent work permit and evidence of their eligibility for the OWP.

You can apply for the Canadian Open Work Permit in a few different ways. The most common way is to apply online through the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. You can also apply by mail or in person at a Canadian visa office.

If you are applying online, you must create an account on the IRCC website and fill out an online application form. Once you have submitted your application, you will need to pay the processing fee and submit any required supporting documents.

If you are applying by mail, you must download and print the application form from the IRCC website. Once you have completed the form, you will need to mail it along with the processing fee and any required supporting documents to the address listed on the form.

If you are applying in person at a Canadian visa office. You must bring your completed application form, processing fee, and supporting documents when you visit the office.

Documents Required to Apply for Canadian Open Work Permit

To apply for a Canadian Open Work Permit, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • A valid passport or travel document.
  • An immigration medical exam, You may need to have a medical exam as part of the application process. (if you are from a country where this is required)
  • An Application for a Work Permit Made Outside of Canada. You must complete this form and include all required supporting documents.
  • A signed job offer from your Canadian employer. The job offer must be on company letterhead and must contain specific information about the position you have been offered, including The expected duration of the employment; A description of the duties you will be performing; -Your salary or wages; and, Any other benefits you will receive (e.g., health insurance, housing allowance).
  • Proof of funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada. You must show that you have enough money to care for yourself and your family in Canada. The amount of money you will need depends on many factors, such as whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives and how long you plan to stay in Canada.
  • A letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada introducing itself.

Application Fees for Canadian Open Work Permit: CAD$155

The application fee for a Canadian open work permit is $155. This fee must be paid in full before your application can be processed. If you are applying for an open work permit as part of the International Experience Canada program, you may be eligible for a waiver of the application fee.

Dr. Youasf Saeed

I am Dr. Engr. Yousaf Saeed, the creator of this Fully Funded Scholarship platform. My academic journey has been marked by securing three significant international scholarships for my undergraduate and postgraduate studies, including the esteemed Australia Awards, CSC, and HKPFS. I am an affiliate of IChemE and have lent my engineering skills to renowned companies such as Aramco and BYCO oil refinery. My scholarly work is published in leading SCI journals, a fact that underscores my academic excellence, visible on my Researchgate Profile. Motivated by my deep-seated passion for education and dedication to fostering emerging scholars, i established this website to serve as a guiding light for international students aspiring to pursue their education abroad. As a distinguished educationist and mentor, i am specialized in steering students through the complexities of research and the journey towards achieving patents. Through this platform, I offer invaluable insights and mentorship, shining a light on pathways to fully funded scholarships, exchange programs, internships, and rewarding research career trajectories. My mission is to help students navigate the vast educational opportunities abroad, ensuring they grasp the chances that will shape their promising futures. Whereas you can also choose to follow me on my social media: - Facebook - Linkedin - Youtube