If you are planning to apply for a Canadian Work VISA or Canadian Work Permit then you need to first need make sure which of the Canadian Work VISA type you need. The next step would be to check the eligibility criteria for the Work VISA of Canada and prepare the set of documents needed with the VISA application as explained below in this article.
Eligibility Requirements for Canadian Work VISA
- Provide solid evidence on returning to home country upon expiry of Canadian Work VISA
- Show sufficient funds to support yourself and your family while in Canada and when going back home
- VISA Applicant must be a law-abiding citizen of any country
- No criminal history (a police clearance certificate may be needed)
- Good physical and mental health (a medical examination)
- No intention to work for “ineligible” employers
- Hold the required experience and academic credentials
Documents Requirement For Canada Work VISA Application
Each type of Canadian Work Permit has its specific requirements. Hence, you need to check the document requirements of the one most suitable for you. Here’s what you generally need for Canadian work VISA application filing:
- Resume or CV
- Properly filled-out application forms
- Current passport copy
- Fresh passport-size images
- Evidence of residency in Canada (if applicable)
- Relative’s proof of status (if applicable)
- Employment Impact Analysis (if applicable)
- Certification that you satisfy the qualifications for the position
- Certified education duplicate
- Results of a physical check (if requested)
- Written employment offer (if applicable)
- Quebec acceptance certificate (CAQ) (if applicable)
- Marriage license (if applicable)
- Financial proof of ability to both stay in Canada and leave for home
- Evidence of having paid the necessary government fees
How to Apply for Canadian Work VISA?
The process of applying for a Canada Work VISA typically revolves around acquiring an employment offer from an immigration office-approved Canadian employer. Depending on your employability, you will have to see which Canadian Work Permit type suits you more, such as applying via the labor market impact assessment or qualifying for the work permit by skipping the Labor Market Impact Assessment.
Typically, the Canadian employer must conduct internal hiring attempts and show that no Canadian citizens or residents are eligible for the available spot. Therefore indicating that the international applicant possesses a unique set of qualities that are required in Canada and are not readily available among Canadian citizens.
How Long will it take to obtain a Canadian Work Permit?
The duration to handle a Canada work visa entirely relies on how well your application was filled out and which headquarters the submission was sent to. A Canadian Work Permit can be processed in one to twenty weeks, but can also take months until approval.
Candian Work VISA Application Fees: $155
The Canada work visa application filing costs CAD $155 for one person, while an open work permit costs CAD $255. Extra costs will be incurred if you are renewing a work visa.
Job Offer is Enough to apply for Canadian Work VISA?
A job offer from an approved employer by the Canadian immigration department might not be enough to apply for a Canadian Work Permit. Even if you receive a job offer letter from Canada, you may not be qualified to submit a work permit application. For specific Canadian work permit applications, an employment contract must fulfill the criteria to be accepted. Typically, a formal offer must qualify for a work permit if you have passed your Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or are excluded from it.
Applying for Canadian Work Visa If You Are Already In Canada:
You can apply from within Canada only if you already have any of the following:
- A valid student visa
- Obtained degree from a Canadian college, public university, or any other eligible institution
- A spouse/parents studying or working
- Applied for permanent residence
- A work permit
- Temporary visa for six months or more
- Taken refugee status in Canada